The recent OD & D Conference hosted in Namibia, provided an objective platform for both public and private sectors to get an understanding of what role the OD function plays within the business policy framework.
We would like to thank all speakers for their preparation and commitment to attend this platform!
The top 5 speakers, as rated by you:
Steven Gounden, Director, GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE (SOUTH AFRICA)
Reuben Govender, Deputy Director: Quality Management, DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT (SOUTH AFRICA)
George Kesselaar, Senior Manager – Human Resource Services, PRICEWATERHOUSE COOPERS (PWC)
Gregory John Lee, Associate Professor, WITS BUSINESS SCHOOL
Gerson Veundja Kamatuka, Chief Organisational Development, NAMIBIA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
The conference was rated as:
46% Excellent, 54% Good with no averages!
Delegates expectation were met at 93% and 5% average.
Key Outcomes From The Conference:
- Living the values of the institution is extremely important, establishing a process around the core values.
- Everything we do needs to be purpose driven, and emphasis placed on in order to achieve organisational success, we need to learn that nothing is personal
- Organisational design enables people to take ownership
- In the public service, the critical part of organisational design needs to be cascaded down to the workforce.
- The organisational process needs to combine analysis and review against the current structure of an organisation
- Identifying that during the recruitment process, the best person on paper, may not be the best for the organisation structure
- We need to get the attitude right within the workforce in order to work towards the current goal
- Continuous assessments to measure performance and to maintain job profiles
- Create ambassadors out there, where people see the business in me
- Focus on the golden circle, job profiling, capacity building and structuring
- Move away from the “what” we supposed to do, to the “why”
ITC would also like to thank our Media Partner: New Era, Supporting Publication: Namibian Broadcasting corporation and our Online partner: Africa Online
We look forward to hearing some success stories of each delegate from the conference who went back to their place of work to implement key strategies learnt and motivate fellow colleagues. Please forward all feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org