Dear Compliance Practitioner
Thank you for being part of the 4th Bi-Annual Compliance Conference which took place on 10 & 11 March 2015.
This year speakers covered pertinent issues around consumer protection, governance the NCA, POPI, risk mitigation and the B-BBBEE codes of good practice. Industry experts shared their best practises in achieving full compliance with relevant and current strategies that will assist attendees on the day-to-day running of their organisation.
- Era Gunning, Banking Finance Associate, EDWARD NATHAN SONNENBERGS
- Lynelle Bagwandeen, Group Company Secretary & General Counsel, NETCARE LIMITED
- Thezi Mabuza, Deputy Commissioner, NATIONAL CONSUMER COMMISSION
- The onus is on each and every compliance practitioner to foresee any risk before it happens
- The role of the CIO and the COO are getting closer in an aim to achieve compliance
- Management should set the tone to ensure accountability for the compliance deliverables agreed upon from the inception phase to execution
- The board has a responsibility to exercise accountability, fairness and transparency with regards to the organisation’s compliance efforts
- Compliance cannot be achieved overnight however, monitoring of implemented processes is a vital step in the compliance lifecycle
- Adopt a continuous review of organisational compliance plans in alignment with the amendment of regulations
- Identify, apply and prioritise relevant acts accordingly
- Outline and clearly define the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders to ensure ongoing compliance
25% Excellent, 64% Good, 11% Average
We would like to hear from you with regards to what you would like to see included in the next segment of the conference. The 5th Bi-Annual Compliance Conference which will be held in March 2017.
Thank you once again for your contribution.