ITC hosted the 4th Annual Intelligence Strategies And Crime Prevention Conference, and over 100 delegates attended this year’s conference. South Africa top Law Institutions such as NPA and South African Revenue Protection Agency, DNA Project, Armscor, even Tennessee Bureau of investigation USA, all concluded that intelligence requires strategy, technique and proper preparation to be prepared for what is to come.
Top Speaker As Rated By Delegates
Lobo das Neves, Owner , INTERNATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT INSTITUTE
Dr Frans Volschenk, Global Security Advisor , DE BEERS
Senior Counsel Zaais van Zyl, Deputy Director Of Public Prosecutions,NPA
Vanessa Lynch, Founder & Executive Director, DNA PROJECT
Dave Loxton, Director, WERKSMANS ATTORNEYS
Some of the key outcomes, during the open forum included”
- Anticipating future outcomes for your organisation to prevent disasters
- What do you do when security is breached in your intelligence environment?
- Managing internal processes will determine how successfully you fight theft
- Overcoming challenges that can protect your evidence, andl lead to a just conviction
- All though South Africa’s is keeping up with the new technologies in revenue distribution so are criminals, making illegal connections to steal electricity. “The Law needs to be more Strict”
- For every R1.00 that has been stolen it will take R4.00 to recover the stolen money
- DNA is a very effective tools to ensure a conviction, but only permissible in court if undisturbed “Evidence needs to be protected as if a life depended on it”
- Former hacker showed just how easy it is to use an app to heck into an account and transfer money from one account to another, showing how vulnerable we as consumers are to hackers
The conference was rated as:
65% Excellent, 31% Good, 4% Average
Charl Delport, Security Manager from Assmany Caro Ridge whom won a free seat to next years’ conference. Looking forward to seeing you next year Charl.
Intelligence needs to be user driven, and constantly monitored. Keeping up with crime trends, law enforcers can overcome and carefully infiltrate crime syndicates infesting South Africa through collaboration.
“This conference was very structured with good knowledge”
“The conference was well organised and welcoming atmosphere”
Crime Analyst, SANDF MILITARY POLICE
Thank you to our sponsors
USA Speaker Sponsor