The recent Road Safety Summit provided an objective platform for over 150 road safety stakeholders of Department of Transport from various provinces.
ITC supports the view that Road Safety needs to be addressed as a concentrated, unified aspect across all provinces, therefore in an attempt to break down silos between boarders we hope to gain support from all provinces and key role players.
We would like to thank all speakers for their preparation and commitment to attend this platform!
The top 5 speakers, as rated by you:
- Charles Reynolds, Chief Director Management Services, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT EASTERN CAPE
- Kenneth Africa, Chief Director: Traffic Management, DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY SAFETY, WESTERN CAPE
- Dr Vincent Maphai, Executive Director of Corporate Affairs and Transformation, SOUTH AFRICAN BREWERIES (SAB LTD)
- Advocate Simo Chamane, General Manager: Public Transport, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT, KWA-ZULU NATAL
- Khane Sease, Road Safety & Capacity Building, DEPARTMENT OF POLICE, ROADS & TRANSPORT, FREESTATE
Some of the key outcomes after the conference, during the open forum include:
- Ensuring unified statistics in South Africa
- Funding to follow strategy i.e. AARTO, Toad Safety Strategy
- Don’t cut and paste, use ground up approach and identify needs
- Pedestrian safety is all talk and needs action by Justice, Engineers, NDOT and RTMC
- Using shock tactics for Road Safety
- Implementing 24 hour shifts for traffic staff
- Enhancing drug driving enforcement and awareness to be enhanced
- Re- looking at unified uniform, rank and colour of uniforms
The conference was rated as:
68% Excellent, 27% Good, 5% Average
ITC would also like to thank our platinum sponsors SAB for their contribution as a sponsor and value added during their key presentation and workshop. We would also like to thank our exhibitors PSA Manufactures & Truvelo
We look forward to hearing some success stories of each delegate from the conference who went back to their place of work to lead and motivate towards safer roads.