This year the 8th Annual Business Process Management Conference for Government & SOE’s took place on the 13th, 14th & 15th September at Indaba Hotel, Fourways was attended by over 50 delegates.
The conference featured thought leaders from various Government departments who shared their experiences in an effort to ensure government Achieves operational excellence through cost reduction, process innovation and transformation.
The top rated 4 speakers who received a rating of 60% “Excellent “as per your evaluation form, thank you for your feedback!
- Megan Menasce, Process Analyst, IQ Business
- Bheka Mpanza, Senior Manager: Continuous Improvement, TRANSNET NATIONAL PORTS AUTHORITY Lodewyk Benadie, Business Consultant, CROSSROAD CONSULTING
- Matome Rapanyane, Business Process Quality Manager Senior Manager: Business Architecture, GOVERNMENT PENSIONS ADMINISTRATION AGENCY
Some of the key outcomes after the conference during the open forum included:
- Cycle times and SLA’s should be linked to process outcomes
- Avoid focusing on mapping processes instead of improving processes
- In BPM try to automate when absolutely necessary without buying a new system
- Understand what you are trying to achieve, then use the tools appropriately
- Combining lean six sigma and BPM is one of the most powerful ways to improve business performance
- Lean six sigma works in government but differences need to be addressed during deployment
- Lean six sigma is not a static process but is aligned to approach and strategies that are consistent with group and developmental cultures
- End users of processes need guidance on process ownership and business processes
- Business Process Mapping must be aligned with strategy and enterprise architecture
- Rethink the BPM method for a more agile approach in order to feed requirements for systems development
The overall conference was rated as:
|58% Excellent||37% Good||5% Average|
A free seat to attend the 9th Annual BPM for Govt & SOE’s Conference was awarded to Cedric M Collins, BPM & Risk Manager, SAPS GAUTENG during the evaluation form draw, we look forward to seeing you at the Conference.
As a past delegate you automatically qualify for a 10% discount at the 9th Annual BPM in Govt & SOE’s Conference. To ensure your seat is reserved contact via email email@example.com